In order to make a fully informed decision, having easy access to valid, research-based information is key. Working hand in hand with peaceful parenting, we strive to deliver accurate prepuce ('foreskin'), intact care, and circumcision information to any expecting parent in need or clients of intact conscious practitioners. The SOS info pack includes:
- 80 pages of articles and research. This material broaches a wide range of sub-categories within intact literature, and responds to all major myths regarding the prepuce, intact care, and circumcision today.
- Complimentary videos full of helpful, research-based information on the prepuce, its care, and the circumcision decision parents in the U.S. and Canada are allowed to make today.
- A proper intact care card for use at a physician's office, daycare, nursery or with a babysitter. We are happy to send along additional intact care cards at your request. These are 2-sided, full color, glossy, and made with heavy card stock so they can be reused (or laminated and kept handy with your baby's diaper bag).
- A Keeping Future Sons Intact card especially for parents who may already have a son who was circumcised. This does not mean future sons cannot remain intact. Many families are raising both circumcised and intact sons, and we hope to support parents in this change of heart.
- A "Did You Know?" card full of quick facts about the prepuce, intact care, and circumcision in the U.S. and Canada.
- A "U.S. Parents Today Say NO" info card that contains quick facts on the prepuce, intact care, and circumcision, as well as a full list of websites for doing additional research on the subject of circumcision, intact care, and restoration.
- An "Intact vs. Circumcised Outcome Statistics" info card that highlights the difference between an intact and circumcised newborn baby; shows a photo of what a circumcised infant looks like both from Plastibell and Gomco clamp, and lists statistics and risk factors both for keeping babies intact, and circumcising.
- [Optional] A Christian themed info card with Biblical references on circumcision **if it is requested specifically to be added to the pack.** Email SavingSons@gmail.com if you would like one included. These are meant for recipients who may be considering circumcision for faith based reasons.
- Calmoseptine samples: This diaper cream is the top recommended ointment for use on sensitive and developing skin. It does not interfere with a baby's natural pH or healthy (protective) microflora, and is perfect for use on intact boys when irritation or redness may occur. It is the #1 recommended cream by pediatricians volunteering their time with DrMomma.org, and is the cream we use when leading intact care classes around the nation with The Intact Network. Calmoseptine can be purchased at all pharmacies in the U.S. and Canada, and most pharmacies world-wide for about $6/tube.
- Contact information and follow-up with families who may have additional questions, or want to talk with a 'foreskin-friendly' physician, educator, or other parents in their local area who have recently been through this decision.
The SOS info pack is perfect to share with friends, family and parents (or parents-to-be), as well as birth and baby educators, midwives, doulas, and medical professionals serving expecting clients. If you would like to request an information pack for yourself or someone you know, use the tab below or contact us at SavingSons@gmail.com. We will gladly send a pack anonymously on behalf of those who wish to do so, although information is typically better shared gently and respectfully between trusted parties.
Information packs cost $11.50 for printing, materials, and supplies; $3.50 to ship (U.S.), $4 (Canada), $8 shipping to other international locations by weight. You may choose to donate any amount for your pack, but if it is less than $13, you will be placed on a waiting list until the rest of the funds are gathered to ship. If you donate more than $15, the remainder will go to help others. Be certain that your name and mailing address are correct when requesting a pack via PayPal, or email SavingSons@gmail.com separately with your mailing information. If you need an info pack but are unable to donate toward any of the cost at this time, you may contact us to be put on a waiting list to receive a pack when someone else donates on your behalf.
If you are able to sponsor an info pack for another family on the waiting list, please visit this page to view current families waiting.
To request via mail, or send a donation, write to:
Saving Our Sons
P.O. Box 1302
Virginia Beach, VA 23451